Monday, April 22, 2013

The Search for the Best Empanada

 
Everyone I know who has toured Vigan told me to try Vigan's famous Empanada.  The best place to get them, they added is at Irene's located along the well photographed Calle Crisologo.
 
 
So there I was, 5th or was it 6th in line with all the other first timers of Vigan Empanada.  When it was my turn, I ordered the best seller.  It would take another 30+ minutes to finish my order and since the house was packed (and it was too hot to eat there anyway) we decided to do takeout  (and eat elsewhere with airconditioning) and go on pasalubong hunting as we wait for our order.
 
 
 
 

 
 
I ordered six (6) pieces of empanada for 2 kids and 2 adults.  Vigan's empanda is indeed different and special.  It is nothing like the empanada we have in Manila. Filling is quite heavy and a lot more oily.  Taste is unique.
 
My family finished all six empanada in one sitting, so I would say they liked it. However, I am not sure I would go as far as to rave about it and keep coming back for more. 
 
I think..., I love that I was in Vigan and I was able to try their premier empanada more, than I did in the actual eating.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passionate Eaters? I love to hear your thoughts!