Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Movie Star Cafe just like in the MOVIES

I have heard quite a lot about one of the newest family restaurants in town - Movie Stars Café.  
 
It is a special kind of restaurant that runs hourly performances for the entire family entertainment.
 
So on my youngest son's 6th birthday, I pre-booked seats for us to check out and see for ourselves what the rave is all about.
 
 
 Movie Stars Café (here we are)
  
My boys gamely posed next to the King (himself) Kong (LOL!)
 
 
We came at about 6pm and found the place already half-packed.  There were still plenty of seats upfront, but to my dismay, we were given seats at the back. 
 
Although the place is small, and the back seats are only about 3-5 feet away from the  small runway stage,  I have been wanting to get front seats to amp my kids enjoyment in watching the shows.
 
I tried to use my charm to be moved upfront, but nah!
 
People started pouring in at 630pm and by 645 it was already jam-packed, so it was good we came in a little early.
 
We got eat-all-you buffet for four (2 adults and 2 kids), which cost P699 for adults and extra P100 for drinks.
 
There is not much to say about the food. It was plain and simple - much like a birthday party sort of spread.  
I honestly recommend you just do an a la carte.  That would be much cheaper and you get to choose what you like.  
 
 
There are plenty of MSC cast in famous movie character costume around to keep your kiddos busy in between performances that starts at 7pm.
 
If you did not get your money's worth from the food, don't fret since the shows are truly worth your every centavo.
 
(Performances photos courtesy of MSC FB page)
 
My boys had so much fun - my youngest son's jaw dropped seeing Spidey dance.
 
 Our choice pictures. L-R/T-B: Papa with Atom; Raj with Spider Man; Kuya with Jabbawockeez and Me with Bubblebee!
 
TIPS:
  1. Reserve early.  Don't take chances, especially during weekends as it gets really crowded.
  2. Do a la carte instead of buffet. 
  3. Enjoy and don't hesitate to approach the performers.  They are very accommodating and will gladly pose with you!
  4. Enjoy and have fun.
 
Movie Stars Café
Seaside Blvd., SM Mall of Asia
Pasay City
Tel. No. 550-1234
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I hope to go with the family to the place too. Thanks for the tips. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Passionate Eaters? I love to hear your thoughts!