Sunday, August 23, 2015

Coca Restaurant ~ In the hunt for authentic Thai

 
I was in a mood for something fancy and different for a lunch date with my family and found this swanky looking restaurant named COCA Restaurant.
 
Coca is a Chinese and Thai restaurant famous for it's "suki-style cooking (mixed vegetables, meat or dumplings simmered into a pot of broth)". Unfortunately the kids were not in the mood for suki, so we ended ordering other house specials instead.
 
 
 
 
I have read that COCA was derived from the Mandarin word "Kekou" which means "appetizing,"  so yes, I was expecting really tasty cooking.
 
 
FOOD
 
For appetizers we ordered "melt in your mouth" Crispy Roasted Pork Belly
 
Warning: this  is sinfully delicious.
 
 
 
Coca Noodles was very good. 

 
Stir Fried Squid with Garlic and Chili.  It is flavorful and savory.  I especially love the  garlic garnishing.

 
 
Coca Yang Chow Fried Rice.  We find this rather salty, so we ordered extra steamed rice to mix ~ which we liked better.  

 
 
The total meal for four (2 adults and 2 kids) costs us approximately P1200 (including service charge).
 
Note: Since we were kids, we requested for toned down spices on our orders.
 
 
AMBIANCE
 
The restaurant is spacious and beautifully decorated in rich Chinese-Thai design and embellishment.  Ambiance is restful and perfect for dates with your special someone.
 
 
 


 
 

VERDICT
 
Price may seem a bit steep, but I think it was reasonable, considering the ambiance, fine food and impeccable service.  This would be a good place to celebrate a special occasion.
 
The restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes to choose from. 
 We were only able to sample some from their menu and everything that we had worked well to our tasting. 
 
Food is hands down flavorsome and really delicious. 
 
I would gladly come back for more of that crispy roasted pork belly and a taste of their famous suki.   
 
 
Coca Restaurant is located at the 5th Floor SM Aura Sky Park, Taguig. 
Open daily from 10am to 10pm.
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Oh sounds nice.. and it's good, it's near my place! I will check this out with family, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like going to SM Aura but haven't tried this restaurant yet. Thanks for the review. You just gave me some reasons why we should check this place out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coca! I tried it there too. Food's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the food looks fantastic! I haven't had a Chinese-Thai fusion before. I really love the food choices in SM Aura, they have yet to fail me when it comes to food. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at Roast Pork Belly! So many food choices na at Aura. Have to go back there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow chinese and thai in one place! Now o can have d satisfaction when i'm craving for both! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, another reason for me to explore BGC or SM Aura! I love Thai food so, I will definitely swing by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is refreshing to see non-spicy Thai food perfect for kids. Now I have a longer list of food options.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to SM Aura. Ang layo eh. LOL! This looks like a nice restaurant. Would love to try it out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pork belly and the squid look so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to try Coca's Crispy Roasted Pork Belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried Thai food yet but this is an interesting combo.

    ReplyDelete

Passionate Eaters? I love to hear your thoughts!